Despite the abundance of collagen in people’s bodies, it has continued to turn into a top-selling supplement that is purported for improving people’s nails, skin, and hair. These are considered vital elements for making your skin look youthful. The notion of popping pills that do not have side effects and might reverse the indications of aging seems alluring to countless people. Based on Google Trends, people search a lot about collagen and its products and it has augmented since the year 2014.
People also read more about collagen as they have become more conscious about their looks. Collagen did initially appear in the form of a compound that was present in serums and skin creams. Nonetheless, the effectiveness of collagen in the form of a topical application got doubted by various dermatologists because collagen does not remain on people’s skin surfaces. Collagen fibers are very huge for permeating the outer layers of the skin and research hasn’t supported those little chains of collagen, known as peptides.
People continue to take oral collagen supplements in the form of powders and pills. Their bodies absorb some foods effectively and they are sold in the form of hydrolyzed collagen or collagen peptides. They are broken down into several types of collagen and so, people’s bodies can absorb them easily. The collagen supplements comprise amino acids and they are considered the building blocks of proteins. Additionally, they comprise some extra nutrients too connected to healthy skin as well as hair, such as zinc, biotin, and Vitamin C.
Foods you can take for boosting the production of collagen
- There are many high-protein foods that do nurture the production of collagen. They do so because they comprise amino acids that create collagen, like proline, hydroxyproline, and glycine. These comprise poultry, fish, legumes, soy, dairy, eggs, and meat.
- For the production of collagen, some nutrients, like zinc, are required. Zinc is found in legumes, shellfish, nuts, meats, whole grains, seeds, and Vitamin C from berries, citrus fruits, bell peppers, leafy greens, and tomatoes.
Some healthy lifestyle habits that help in improving the production of collagen
Besides a balanced and healthy diet, people need to embrace some habits that might help them in protecting their bodies’ natural collagen, and these habits are:
- You need to wear sunscreen. Again, you must confine the amount of time that you spend in direct sunlight. When you spend ten to twenty minutes in direct sunlight 3 to 4 times per week then it proposes sufficient Vitamin D.
- You need to have sufficient sleep. For most people, it means sleeping for 7-9 hours per night.
- You must not smoke or get engaged in passive smoking.
- It is important for you to control your stress levels. High levels of cortisol can lessen the production of collagen.
- Though the precise connection between the quality of skin and exercise is still not clear to people, according to some studies, it has been discovered that exercise is helpful in slowing down the activities of cells that remain involved with people’s aging skin.
To read more about collagen, you can visit various reputed sites that are available.